How to create a column to reflect the current system date?

Steven Sun shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

Any idea about how to set up one column to show the current system date is? And this column can be used for further calculation as a datetime data.

I've tried something in the attachment, but there is only 0 values and it's numeric instead of datetime which I need. Please kindly guide me. thanks.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response!

I don't catch your point yet. It doesn't work if I put 'NOW()' in the calculated field.You mean I should add one free hand SQL column with NOW(), can guide me further? thanks.

photo

Pls refer to attached image

photo

Hi Simon,

I've tried getdate() because ours is MSSQL, system alert error, and I tried sysdate(), still the same.

Can you advise me? thanks.

photo

Hi Simon,

Please refer to my attached pic. Please help guide me how to including CURRENT_TIMESTAMP. Actually, I made one calculation but only got errors(also attached).

I'm trying to get appserver/logs, will provide soon.

photo

Hi Simon,

I've contacted server admin to provide the log file, suppose we can get the log soon.

In the mean while, is the pre-defined function in calculated field an alternative? pls refer to attachment.

I chose current date + 0, however there are only 0 value after I drag this column into the report.

What I need is datetime data which can be used to calculate with other column of datetime.

Hope you can understand. thanks.

photo

Hi Simon,

I agree with you. let's focus on GETDATE and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP.

Before getting log file, I found this (in attachment) It's prepared by a colleague of mine. Hence I'm think if it's a authorization issue.

photo

Hi Simon,

Can you please provide more details about the log file, such as path file name etc.?

Our server team is hard to locate it only by appserver/logs.

Thanks

photo

Hi Simon,

Finally, I found it a authorization issue, I can have getdate() value after I've been granted for Admin access.

We can close this ticket now.

Thank you very much!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file