Role code is converting space to digit 20

Raman shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

I am trying to create a Role. I created a role with the name 'Basic User' when I checked in the database its role code was 'Basic20User'. How can I have a code as 'BasicUser' and role name as 'Basic User'?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Dharmesh,

Which build of 7.4 are you running, do you know? Go to http://localhost:8080/info.jsp (replace the hostname and port with your YF install's hostname and port number) and you should find it under Application Version and Schema Version.

It does appear to be a bug, however it's fixed in both 9.2 and 8.0.5 if you were to run either of those versions you shouldn't encounter the issue.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Application Version:7.4.12
Build:20191217
photo

Hi Dharmesh,

It looks like a change was made in the way rolecodes were stored from version 7 to newer versions.

You could try removing the 20 from the rolecode and see what happens.

If you're doing a report on the database, you could do a find and replace in the SQL to remove "20".

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Removing 20 from role code in database is somewhat tricky for me. i don't know in how many other tables its being used other than orgrole.

photo

Hi Dharmesh,

Can I ask why you are trying to access the rolecode from the database? You could upgrade to version 8 and then you won't encounter this issue.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

No no I am not accessing rolecode. I just want to match rolecode with the code which I've configured in my application.

photo

Hi Raman,

Unfortunately the codes do not precisely match in that way in 7.4, as that is how they are stored in the db.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
photo

Hi Raman,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Chris

photo

Hi,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file