Add Assisted Insights functionality for Freehand SQL Views

Dean shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Is it a prerequisite to create views using single or multiple tables to enable the assisted insights feature? According to my tests, this option is not available when using freehand SQL to retrieve data, however, creating a db view using the same SQL statement and creating a Yellowfin view off the db copy activates that option once enabled.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Dean,

Thanks for jumping on the call earlier and showing me this. I can indeed replicate this.

Here's my report built on a standard View:

/23b1f500a3ec558b260c5c7c77668a9c

If I build a Freehand SQL View with just a simple SELECT * FROM db statement and enable Automated Insights, then create a report based on that, I can't get the Auto Analyse option:

/7e4a08d14aed933f991811de7ff7b0c7

Though you can see the report output is identical.

That said, I've spoken to the dev team on this and discovered the following:

"Unfortunately, Assisted Insights are only available for simple Drag and Drop views. They are not supported for Freehand SQL views, reports with advanced sub-queries, or views with OLAP datasources."

This info has been added to our Assisted Insights Wiki entry under the Limitations header, which you can find here.

I've also gone ahead and logged an enhancement request for this. Any potential updates will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file