Have a Schedule minimum interval setting

Tarun Pandey shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Fixed

Can we have a way to limit the frequency of schedules? In particular report refreshes?

I know there is a way to set this for broadcasts, but no way to have the same setting for report or filter refreshes.

In our current situation a user had set a report to refresh every minute which locked up the server and what to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Best Answer
photo

Hey Tarun,

Just wanted to let you know that while we don't show it in the UI, the cached reports will also be based on the minimum broadcast frequency, and something I completely missed!

/751a28999dec2bc6250d079bcab15963

As it stands today, the minimum broadcast frequency applies to ;

- Broadcasts

- Cached Reports Refresh

- Cached Filter Refresh

- Data Transformations

- Signals.

See example below with cached report refreshing.

6244362562e64a65cdba8b3001581a05

So where does this leave us?I've converted this idea to a defect (to be addressed in 8.0.7), as the UI text needs to reflect what it actually impacts, along with updating our wiki also.

So the good news is that we already cater for users needs :) , it's just not reflected in the UI.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,

David

Replies (3)

photo

Hey guys,

Thanks for the suggestion, and agree we shouldn't just cater for broadcast schedules with minimum interval limits.The idea has been logged and with our product team for further review.

We are unable to provide an ETA at this point in time, however will provide updates here as we get them.

Side note: When we see users that have set a high report refresh, they're usually unaware that report data is live, or it's possible what they're really after is dashboard refresh. /e05a4219559d099769cfa6c0d8663a12

Regards,

David

David

photo

Hey Tarun,

Just wanted to let you know that while we don't show it in the UI, the cached reports will also be based on the minimum broadcast frequency, and something I completely missed!

/751a28999dec2bc6250d079bcab15963

As it stands today, the minimum broadcast frequency applies to ;

- Broadcasts

- Cached Reports Refresh

- Cached Filter Refresh

- Data Transformations

- Signals.

See example below with cached report refreshing.

6244362562e64a65cdba8b3001581a05

So where does this leave us?I've converted this idea to a defect (to be addressed in 8.0.7), as the UI text needs to reflect what it actually impacts, along with updating our wiki also.

So the good news is that we already cater for users needs :) , it's just not reflected in the UI.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Tarun,

Just letting you know this items has been resolved in 8.0.7.

The UI now matches the functionality.

/178a65dc72850199bc59151ab43aa3fc

Please let us know how it all goes post upgrade, or if there was anything else you were after.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file