Can I do an FTP Broadcast to Sharefile?

James H. Dalton shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

I am trying to setup a scheduled FTPS broadcast of a report from Yellowfin to Sharefile. I have tested using FileZilla, and I can get the FTPS connection into Sharefile working. To do so, I used the following settings:

Host: ftps://familiesinc.sharefileftp.com

Username that Sharefile instructs

Password: My password

In Yellowfin, I have tried similar settings (see screenshot) and I can't seem to get them to work. Any suggestions would be helpful. I wonder if the requirements that Sharefile has are keeping the connection from working (more details here: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX207859).

Replies (1)

photo

Hi James,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Unfortunately, at this time Yellowfin only supports SFTP for securing FTP transmissions. That being said, I see that sharefileftp doesn't currently support the SFTP protocol. I was able to properly broadcast a file via normal FTP to the sharefileftp server, however. You can do this by removing the s in ftps://.

As far as supporting FTPS goes, I feel this is a great candidate for an Idea. These are created as ideas for Enhancement Requests. Before becoming a request, ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. I've gone ahead and created the Idea under your name, you can monitor the status of its progression here.

If you have further questions on this, or have trouble configuring broadcasts for FTP to sharefileftp, please don't hesitate to let me know by replying here or opening a ticket.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thank you, Ryan. I'll have to get with Sharefile and ask them to enable the regular FTP for our domain (by default they only enable FTPS). Thank you so much for entering the request to enable FTPS as an enhanced feature. The ability to do so would enable us to send information securely to our Sharefile, but for now we would have to be sure we only share information that is not secure (for HIPAA compliance sake). Anyhow, thanks for the quick and helpful reply.

photo

James,

Thanks for the update. I understand that may not have been the news you were hoping for. If your FTP provider supported SFTP, we would be able to securely broadcast your reports in that manner. I'll keep you updated on any progress or enhancements to our FTP Broadcasting feature.

One last thing, we would be grateful if you could take a moment to provide your feedback by completing our Closed Request Survey.

It will take less than 15 seconds to complete and is vital in helping us to continually monitor and improve our levels of service to you.

As usual please reach out to us if there was anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file