Ability to apply multiple Advanced Functions to same field

Richard Wolters shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

I'm looking to "stack" Advanced Functions, or put another way, apply two Advanced Functions to the same field, one after another.

In my use case, I have a field with a Percent Against Column Advanced Function already applied, and would like to then apply a Delta From Last Advanced Function against that already-applied Percent Against Column result set.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your Idea. The Advanced Functions feature utilizes Java, so it's theoretically possible to first execute a script for Percent Against Column then apply Delta From Last, but I'm not a developer so I've no idea the effort required to actually implement it. Nevertheless, I've submitted an enhancement request for the dev team to investigate further. Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Has there been any update to this?

photo

Hi Zack,

I haven't had an update on this one, but I'll let the developer team know you're looking to get it implemented.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Zack,

Are you only looking to be able to have one function applied to another, rather than an arbitrary n level of functions? New features such as this that might require some UI changes to implement might be a little ways off.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Chris,

Primarily, I am just looking for a way to use an Advanced Function on another field that an Advanced Function has already been used. ie, "Division of columns" (af) and then the "Percentage of Total" (af) for that column. This is just a off the cuff example. I have had use cases in the past for something similar.

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Thanks, Zack. I'll pass the information on.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Moving this back to Idea Logged.

photo

Hi Sabrina,

That sounds like you are trying to carry out the same actions as what this idea suggests. I can add your support for this idea if that's what you'd like to see.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file