time format greater than 24 hours

Daniel shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello

There is the option of adding time in hours, minutes and seconds without adjusting to the 24-hour format.

For example, there are cases where adding the time worked by an employee for a month (more than 24 hours), but Yellowfin is not able to represent it

Thank you,

Regards

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Daniel,

Do you think we could arrange a remote session today to take a look at what you're trying to accomplish?

I'm available between 11:30 and 15:00 CEST.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello Chris

Unfortunately, we will not be able to connect for a few days

I try to explain the problem.

There is a field in a MySQL table in Time format that has a value of 304: 54: 30 (304 hours, 54 minutes and 30 seconds)

It is not an hour (from 0 to 24), but a sum of hours of work performed

However, the view created in Yellowfin on that MySQL table does not recognize that value (it offers null). However, if the value of that field is less than 24 hours, for example 19:30:15, it does recognize it correctly

I hope I have explained myself

Thank you

photo

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your explanation. You could convert it to a numeric using some SQL and then Yellowfin should be able to pick it up and represent it as days, hours, minutes and seconds.

I could go ahead and log an idea for the exact feature you're looking for, but I'm not sure whether it would be implemented any time soon. Let me know if you'd like that.

Kind regards,

Chrs

photo

Hello Chris

I think it would be a good idea to try to implement it, if you can request it I will appreciate it, although it takes time to implement

Thank you

Regards

photo

Hi Daniel,

Okay, that's been created for you. You can track it with the Jira ID YFN-19049.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file