How do I show both a numerical display and a trend on the same report?

Andrew Clauson shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

I'm trying to design a set of KPI numerical displays (each at a point in time) with a 12 month trend line underneath. The first attached screenshot shows what I'm after ("Total Assets" on the far left).

Setting up the trend lines has been straightforward. The Data section of the Report Builder is shown in the second attached screenshot - it's a simple crosstab.

The point-in-time value I want to show for each KPI is simply the last row in the crosstab - the value at the most recent date. However, I can't figure out how to retrieve just that last result for a numerical display.

Is this even possible? If not, if I built the point-in-time numerical displays as a separate report, is it possible to overlay that report on top of the trend line report? Or is there a better approach I should consider?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your response. It sounds like that would accomplish what I’m after.

However, I think I’d need to filter the subquery based on the most maximum date in the data (not sure if that’s possible) rather than the last calendar month per the system, as it could be different depending on the dataset selected.

Anyway, will give it a shot and let you know if it works.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Reply-To: Support Queue <support@Yellowfin.bi>

Date: Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 5:12 PM

To: Andrew Clauson <andrew@profinancial.bc.ca>

Subject: New Comment in "How do I show both a numerical display and a trend on the same report?"

photo

Hi Simon,

Yep, that seems to work. I need to play around with my filter and view logic to make it do exactly what I’m after, but it’s working well as is.

Thanks again for your help. I think we can close this ticket as resolved.

Andrew

Reply-To: Support Queue <support@Yellowfin.bi>

Date: Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 5:12 PM

To: Andrew Clauson <andrew@profinancial.bc.ca>

Subject: New Comment in "How do I show both a numerical display and a trend on the same report?"

Leave a Comment

Attach a file