How to hide Share option at Dashboard Level

Asif Bhat shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

Is there any way to hide "Share" option at Dashboard Level only.

Checked at the role level but I am not seeing any option to do it.

2e35d408c877445ae246c629315b2892

Kind Regards,

Asif Bhat

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Asif,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question.

I can see the use case potential of this functionality for sure. I've been digging around and so far cannot find a role or setting to restrict this menu option - yet.

I'll ask the team if this is possible, and if there is not a way to achieve this currently, create a developer task on your behalf to look into this.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Asif,

I was able to find the role functions to disable the Share option in the Browse page - just disable / hide all of the functions that are contained in the share menu -

731a057472024850d1e1921e11bca205

b4356f9b75f4897e1ca3c781adafec91

Hopefully this works in your environment as well?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

It seems like you haven't understood the issue summary correctly.

I know about this functionality.

My request was to hide "Share" option ONLY at Dashboard Level not at the report level.

Kind Regards,

Asif Bhat

photo

Hi Asif,

Thanks for the clarification here. So it sounds like the desired functionality here would be to have these same role options available by themselves in the Dashboard section? I can create a developer task to look into this potential software enhancement.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Please let me know if an idea or developer task has been raised.

Kind Regards,

Asif Bhat

photo

Hi Asif,

I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into this functionality. I've attached this ticket to the task, and included your organization as an affected client. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will in turn mark this Ticket as Idea Logged, feel welcome to reply here with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file