Is it possible to parameterize the name of a report or dashboard?

Joseph Perfettini - Derenne shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Based on applied filters, we are wondering if the filter value could be included as a parameter in the name of a chart/report and the name of a dashboard.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. At present is not possible to have dynamic text as part of a chart, report, or dashboard name. You can however, display the applied filter values at the top of a report or chart, as shown in the screenshot below.

7bac605b9e0cdb80857a1f6929f0de92

This is enabled from the report editor in the "Design" step by changing "Display Filter Values" in the Filter Formatting menu.

c3799bb125cd3855a900d69e7033cffb

You may also find this dynamic label work around helpful, although it is not possible to use it for titles.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Joseph,

I wanted to add to this question and let you know that we do have an existing Idea in the community for dynamic text based on filter values. Ideas are created as requests for enhancements to the existing product. Before becoming an enhancement, ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. I've gone ahead and created the Idea under your name, you can monitor the status of its progression here.

I'd suggest visiting the existing idea here to vote on the feature. You can also monitor the progress of the idea from that same post.

And of course, if you have any further questions or issue please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thank you for pointing that out Ryan. I've added my "vote" to that idea.

photo

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for updating the Idea with your vote.

-Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file