Copy Calculated fields and make changes easier

Vefa Gulecyuz shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi guys, there are two things that might be very useful to have in report builder:

1) Having a feature that lets you copy existing calculated fields. Currently, I can not copy a calculated field. There are only two options (Edit and delete), please see the first ss attached. It would make things easier to copy a complex calculated field and modify it than creating it from scratch.

2) Following previous copy functionality, it must be easy to modify a calculated field definition. Currently, if I want to make a change in an element located at the beginning of the calculated field definition, I need to delete (undo) everything placed after that, so that I can change it. Please see attached ss 2. If I want to change the red circled 3 in this calculated field, I need to delete everything after this, then change this and then rewrite everything back. This is tedious work.

How it should be: I will be able to click on an element and change that specific element. In this case, only that red circled number can be changed, without affecting other elements.

If more explanation is needed, please let me know.

Regards

Replies (4)

photo

I see that the second part of the idea is already logged: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/ability-to-edit-individual-fields-in-simple-calculated-field-editor

Any update on this?

photo

Hi Vefa,

I hope all is well,

Please see below an explanation with where we stand for the 2 ideas raised:

Idea 1 - This sounds like a good idea and not something I have seen before as a request. I have since logged this as an Enhancement.

Idea 2 - As you have stated this was raised as an idea already (here). I can also see you have added some comments to that for updates... I have looked myself to which we do plan on re-building our calculated field builder, however confirmation as to when is another question. I have chased this up for you. If I don't update you, i'm sure Mike will in the idea ticket itself.

So going forward and as stated above, I have logged Idea 1 as an enhancement with our development team. Let me know your thoughts Vefa, I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark that is great.

photo

Hi Vefa,

No problem, please feel free to bug me anytime for updates.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file