widget parameters

Sulieman Makahleh shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello ,

I would like to ask if there is a predefine widget to show a description not a value which included in a table .

Example : if I have the following data table and I’m opening the design tab to design my report

Column1

Column2

Column3

Item 1

Item 2

Item 3

If I want to see the total for column number 2  I can use this widget [total:2], but if I want to bring the a list of what column 3 included which is a description items (item1 , item2 , item3) I cant find any widget in wiki to do that !

Is there a predefine widget or another away (workaround) to include the items in the design report ?

Your prompt response is highly appreciated

Sulieman Makahleh Senior Application Consultant

E: smakahleh@rldatix.com | T: +966 11 2462 493 | M: +966 55 627 7743

logo    linkedin  twitter  facebook  instagram

Replies (21)

photo

Hi Suleiman,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

It sounds like you're looking for a report canvas item that can output report field content?

Perhaps I'm not understanding the "description" context fully, maybe you could provide a screenshot of the report to better illustrate the scenario?

I did some testing and it doesn't look like this is possible in current versions, however, I think you might be able to accomplish what you are seeking in upcoming versions. I did not see the option in the Report Design area in beta versions yet, but it is defined as an objective to have the same report-output functionality at the report level, as I am now seeing at the dashboard level -

c25e2d21e8e5751bab5dc6bb6c2cee3e

As you can see, the dashboard canvas designer now includes reports as well as charts as addable elements. I'm thinking a potential solution here would be to make a simple report with your description data, and add it to the canvas. I can confirm this functionality is still on the developers' list if you think this sounds like what you're looking for?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric ,

just to clarify my point for the "description" , first : im not looking for visual report like bar chart or Pie chart , let assume that I have some data about the hospitals and the city where that hospital located , I want the sectors and the the hospital to appear in the report , so exactly im looking for an option in canvas to view the name of the hospital and the city as a text .

I do hope this help and let me know if you need more clarifications.

photo

im willing to have a quick call with you to show you the report , if that suits you.

photo

Hi Sulieman,

I'd be happy to have a quick call if it works for you. I'm available today 10/25 10 AM- 4PM Mountain Time. Is there a time that works for you?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric ,

I believe 3 pm mountain time which  is 12 am Saudi time is perfect for me.i Will send u the meeting link before that .

Thanks. Let me know if that suits u .

Get Outlook for Android

Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 6:30:19 PM

To: Sulieman Makahleh <smakahleh@rldatix.com>

Subject: widget parameters [#15582]

photo

Hi Sulieman,

Thanks for the reply, 3 PM Mountain Time works well for me today. I look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric ,

Please follow this link to join the meeting. : https://datixhealth.highfive.com/smakahleh

Meet you in couple of minutes .

Sulieman MakahlehSenior Application Consultant

logolinkedintwitterfacebookinstagram

Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 8:36 PM

photo

Hi Sulieman,

Thanks for taking the time to meet with me today. I'm going to reach out to my colleagues to determine whether there is a way to display the data you're looking for in a widget format. Also whether there's the possibility of adding this type of widget to the canvas. I found a task that relates to the functionality you're looking for -

"Implement report-output custom element and use it in Active Canvas"

This is being rolled out in upcoming version 9.0, and may only apply to dashboards initially. I will find out additional details regarding the enhancement and pass them along. Based on the response I get, I'll either create a new task or add your organization to the existing task, provided this update will suit your needs. I'll keep this status In Progress for now; and should have these answers for you on Monday.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Sulieman,

I sepnt a little more time investigating this today, you may have success using the multi chart canvas with user-prompt filters and a calculated field with your desired output -

8ac2623d23d32e228a0c246f2e2820ee

b997da78e8245a4a2f28edbbd455d243

a86c32408ffdd159d999ee6dea5aa9ff

a863fd5263ae6d768d0306e112322b72

Does this look like a possible solution in this case?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Sulieman,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my suggestion here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Sulieman,

It's been over two weeks since I've received a reply here, so I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed at this time. Feel welcome to re-open with a reply if you experience additional related issues.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric ,

I’m so sorry for the late reply , I was  traveling and have limited access to the email , I just reviewed your suggestion and what I’m looking for is to get the “state” on the canvas not the numbers (I already knew how to get the numbers on the canvas).

Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:45 AM

photo

Hi Sulieman,

Thanks for the clarification.

I found a possible workaround in our community -

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/is-there-anyway-to-create-dynamic-text-fields-in-reports

Another possibility I dug up -

If you really want to do this with a treemap, its already possible. - I created this example in 7.3

• First you need to put a metric into the colour field so you can access the colour settings and override them to be just white

98ffe5ebf707ed83fda8819aca03e08d

• Next go to the label settings and set the font you want

efc07de62b2b28808641beb4098afaaa

• Turn off the legend

f4b5c99b17d1fed71a652b7cb83c5fb9

• Turn off the tooltips

e7953bda953b172b33f532f7af41e270 And then you get this chart:

766a3c78fb5664d9bc0db118e5263352 There's the "numeric display" chart, however it only works for dimensions, there has been a request for a similar "text display" chart, which would be an idea I could add you to.

118846b6454c90ac355a60b04aaaaa97https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/dynamic-text-chart

Let me know how you'd like to proceed here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric,

I can view all the images attached by you on both the browser and the outlook

d1b009d6ddf90960321c2e388eae0a7c

logolinkedintwitterfacebook

Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:42 AM

photo

Hi Sulieman,

Sorry about that, I have updated the post with what should be working images now. let me know if this is a possible solution, and/or if you'd like to be added as an affected client to the developer task.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thanks Erick ,

I thought about workaround before and tried it before but the problem will be thedifferences in the size of the box if there is more than 1 result, knowing that the metric that I added is fixed for all the cities.

Attached screenshot to show you the situation.

Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:42 PM

photo

Hi Sulieman,

I see what you mean here. In this case, I think if you have a bit of patience, it's best if we hold off for the upcoming canvas improvements in our new versions, which will allow you achieve what you're looking for quite easily. We should have builds available for testing in the next week or two. Would this be an acceptable solution for you?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Sounds great ! Thank you very much Eric.

And can you please update me when this new development is available?

Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:54 AM

photo

Hi Sulieman,

I've gone and added you as an affected client and attached this ticket to the developer task. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will go ahead and mark this as Idea Logged for now, feel welcome to reply here with further related inquiries.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/dynamic-text-chart

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thanks Eric! Your efforts is really appreciated.

Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:45 AM

photo

Thanks Sulieman!

Always happy to help. Sorry we're not able to get things working properly currently, but it should be possible soon. Will keep you posted.

Best,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file