Calculated field on top of Pre-defined calculated field

Bharath Kumar shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

Is there any RFE in place for creating calculated fields on top of pre-defined calculations.

For example - I want to use sub-string based on a special character(-). In this case, I have to create a calculated field with Char Index at view level and then apply Sub-String on top of it at report level.

It would be easier if it allows both the calculations at report itself. This will save unnecessary fields at view.

Regards,

Bharath

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for getting in touch. I assume by RFE you are asking whether there is a request for enhancement? I cannot see one in relation to what you are trying to do, so it could be raised as an idea. Perhaps though if you were able to elaborate a little more and if possible show some form of visual idea also it would help to explain this correctly to the dev team.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

We have lots of scenarios which require this feature. As I said, I want to apply Sub-string based on a special character. In this case, I have to create a Char Index first which identifies the position of my special character. Then I apply the sub-string on the results.

Here, I will have to create Char Index at View and sub-string at report. If I create char index at report, then I do not find it in the select/field drop down of substring.

Similarly, if I want to create a date difference with Incident Reported Date and Current data, first I have to create current data at view and then I can select it in date difference drop down.

Basically, I want to use predefined calculated fields in another calculations.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for the extra information. I have now created an enhancement request with the dev team (YFN-16669). If there is any movement on this I will let you know. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with on this question.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Bharath,

As this has now been added as an enhancement, I am going to close this off for now. If you have any further enquiries on this please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Ok, thanks Paul.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file