Access Filters not on by default in reports

Vefa Gulecyuz shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Guys, when I create an access filter on a view, it is not automatically applied to existing reports.

The access filter option appears in the report builder (please see the attached ss) but I need to manually select it to activate newly created access filter.

I would like my new access filters to be automatically on existing reports. Is that possible?

Why do I need this:

I will use this in a multitenant environment using the same database. I will only have views/reports/dashboards in the default tenant and client orgs are only supposed to see the their filtered content. When I want to create a new access filter, I do not want to go through all the existing reports based on that view.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Vefa,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question.

One of our Japanese clients submitted a similar enhancement request to developers a while back -

"Ability to collectively set newly added access filters in reports"

I can add you as an affected client to this task if you'd like?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric, that would be good! Do you have an estimation on when this will be implemented?

Regards,

Vefa

photo

Hi Vefa,

I've gone ahead and updated the task to add you as an affected client, and asked for an update on your behalf. Will let you know what I hear. I'll attach this ticket to the task and mark this as Idea Logged in the meantime.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file