Signals Error: No users have access for this Signals job

YF Distributor South Africa shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi Guys,

When trying to run signals we get a failure, No users have access for this Signal Job.

6f2098bc4dfe17b0c114aaabdc77bf25

2 users have been added to receive the signals alert, I have included the logs.

Regards,

Stephen

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reaching; out to support with your question.

There are a couple places that could be affecting user access to signals:

-Users must have the "Signals Consumer" role enabled

-Users must have access to the View that the Signal is reporting from

Perhaps there is View or Content Folder Security in place that is restricting this operation. Would you be able to check these settings for starters?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I removed all users and only used Sys Admin of the role Admin,

fd9335cd742a803d1ba28c285e731b42See below the functional access for the role Admin

32a7d7256f171b583b10dece03afd892

The is not security on the View or the Content Folder

6fc1159e8fbe41f1cecb0257a566d7e0

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the additional info here.

Looking at the logs I see a couple of things that stick out -

1. The "DHL" db may be having issues connecting -

YF:2019-09-26 10:11:57:ERROR (DBAction:testConnection) - Error occurred when connecting to the database: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot open database "dhl" requested by the login. The login failed.

2. There's a "user lacks privilege" error with the Ski Team DB -

YF:2019-09-26 09:42:10:ERROR (DBAction:getResults) - Error occured selecting data: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: user lacks privilege or object not found: ATHLETEFACT in statement [SELECT DISTINCT
   "DATELOOKUP"."MONTHDATE",
   SUM(("ATHLETEFACT"."INVOICEDAMOUNT" * "INTERNATIONALBANKRATE"."OFFSETRATE")),
   SUM((("ATHLETEFACT"."INVOICEDAMOUNT" * "INTERNATIONALBANKRATE"."OFFSETRATE") - "ATHLETEFACT"."COST")),
   SUM((("ATHLETEFACT"."INVOICEDAMOUNT" * "INTERNATIONALBANKRATE"."OFFSETRATE") - "ATHLETEFACT"."COST")),
   SUM((1)),
   SUM((1))
FROM "ATHLETEFACT"
A couple followup questions -

Is the affected signal based on the Ski Team dataset?

Is the affected signal accessible through the UI for the Administrator?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

The Signals is not based on the SkiTeam database.

The Administrator login was used to set up the Signal and I am able to edit and make changes to it in the UI.

FYI - We exported and imported the view into a new (blank) Yellowfin install, and managed to get it working there.

But we would like to know why it is not working in the current environment.

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you were able to get the signal working somewhere at least!

Looking at the logs again, right before the signal was unsuccessfully run, I see what looks like a possible issue with the view -

YF:2019-09-27 13:29:09: INFO (MIPreViewEditAction:processActionPerform) - MIPreViewEditAction entered
YF:2019-09-27 13:29:10: WARN (MIViewProcess:execute) - java.lang.Exception: SQL Document Id is NULL!
YF:2019-09-27 13:29:10: INFO (MIPreViewEditAction:processActionPerform) - MIPreViewEditAction exiting with action: MIViewDrag
YF:2019-09-27 13:29:10: INFO (MIPreViewDragAction:processActionPerform) - MIPreViewDragAction entered
YF:2019-09-27 13:29:10: INFO (MIPreViewDragAction:processActionPerform) - MIPreViewDragAction exiting
YF:2019-09-27 13:29:13: INFO (ColourPickerAjaxAction:execute) - ColourPickerAjaxAction entered
YF:2019-09-27 13:30:00: INFO (MIViewDragAction:processActionPerform) - MIViewDragAction entered
YF:2019-09-27 13:30:01: WARN (MIViewProcess:execute) - java.lang.Exception: SQL Document Id is NULL!
YF:2019-09-27 13:30:01: INFO (MIViewDragAction:processActionPerform) - MIViewDragAction exiting with action: MIViewFields
YF:2019-09-27 13:30:01: INFO (MIPreViewFieldsAction:processActionPerform) - MIPreViewFieldsAction entered
YF:2019-09-27 13:30:01: INFO (MIPreViewFieldsAction:processActionPerform) - MIPreViewFieldsAction exiting
YF:2019-09-27 13:30:04: INFO (ColourPickerAjaxAction:execute) - ColourPickerAjaxAction entered
YF:2019-09-27 13:31:27: INFO (MIViewSetupDataDiscoveryAjaxAction:execute) - MIViewSetupDataDiscoveryAjaxAction entered

This may be due to relevant fields getting marked as DISCONNECTED, which sometimes happens if the data source becomes unavailable. You can check to see if there are any relevant fields in this state by performing a query on the Configuration DB. Please note that such actions can cause irreparable damage to your DB, so please make sure that you have a working backup before making any similar attempts.

Step 1: Shut down Yellowfin

Step 2: Make sure that there is a recent backup of the Yellowfin configuration database available

Step 3: Run the following query against the Yellowfin Configuration Database to confirm that there is a count of fields marked as 'DISCONNECTED'

SELECT a.ViewId,a.ViewDescription, b.ViewDescription, c.statusCode, COUNT(c.columnName) FROM ReportView a INNER JOIN ReportView b ON (a.viewId = b.parentviewId OR a.viewID = b.viewId) LEFT OUTER JOIN ReportFieldTemplate c ON (b.viewId = c.viewId) GROUP BY a.ViewId,a.ViewDescription, b.ViewDescription, c.statusCode ORDER BY 1
Step 4: Cross reference the reportview table to learn what ViewID belongs to the named view that is experiencing issues

If you are able to confirm there are affected fields here, there's a query I can provide that can "reconnect" them. I'll wait for your confirmation.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Stephen,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to try and identify any applicable "disconnected" fields in your affected instance at this point?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Stephen,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this as Answered due to inactivity. Feel welcome to re-open with a reply here.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file