Deleting personal tasks from the db

Vefa Gulecyuz shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi guys, a broadcast created many tasks (error messages) and we would like to delete these tasks in one go from the db. I could not find the related db table having these tasks.

Can you please tell me where I can find the table for these tasks?

Please see the attached ss for the tasks that I want to delete.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Vefa,

I hope all is well,

If you do not want to manually go through and resolve these tasks, it is possible to manually close these through the configuration database.

The majority of a task's definitions are stored in the "textentityparameter" table. For example to find out what tasks are currently assigned to you, you would look for all TextIds where TASKIPASSIGNED" = your user id from the person table.

To then see which of these are currently open, you can look for TASKSTATUS="ASSIGNED". To close these, switch the status to "CLOSED".

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark, that solves my problem! Thanks!

photo

Hi Vefa,

No problem, I am pleased I could help. Have a great day.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi guys, i'm having the same issue. Is there a way I can delete all tasks without going into the database? I.e. in the admin sectin?

photo

HI James,

Unfortunately not, our only way to clean this up would be at DB level, however going forward this does sound like a good idea to have an option like this within the Task section or elsewhere. Would you be happy for me to go ahead and create this idea?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark - that would be great.

I setup an auto broadcast as a test and told it to run every 15 minutes thinking it would only create the task if the rule was met. Moral to the story, don't get distracted whilst testing!!

photo

Hi James,

Just an update, I have gone ahead and created this as an Idea, you can find this here.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file