How do we Broadcast report to an email that's not listed as user?

shahul samad shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Shahul,

Thanks for reaching out. In order to Broadcast a report to an external user you are required to have a Multicast License. If you have a Multicast License you must then also enable the Multicast permission in your corresponding Admin Console > Roles > choose Role's Role Functions:

/K4EAppZQaRKNfnymlxu6nMjhQSimlBtHo12dKqbH7qeH8fxhjJLiP7Q2DAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

You can read more about broadcasting reports on our Wiki page here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards, Mike

photo

Hi Shahul,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

I have similar need. I am logged in as a Sys Admin, I have the multicast box checked.

It isn't clear to me how to add a non-Yellowfin email address to a broadcast report. I want to add a distribution email address to a report so other users get the attachment without having to have a yellowfin login account

photo

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out. Assuming you have a Multicast license, when you create a Broadcast in a report, where it says 'Recipients', you just type in the desired e-mail address and click enter:

/A7axUaiKj8sPAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCPlease give this a try and let me know how goes or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thank you for the quick reply, in checking with our YF rep looks like we do not have the multicast license

photo

Hi Dan,

Thanks for confirming. Indeed this would be required for this functionality.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Dan,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you and believe we've addressed what's occurring here, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file