Streamlining / Filtering the search criteria

Ashan Meegoda shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

We currently have an issue where the report search has no filter settings and simply searches the Title and Description of our reports. Whilst this is good, the problem is (as an example) that when we search for a report "Sales by Item" I get about 50 reports and some reports do not have anything to do with the sales by item. Just because the item name is there in the name and description or tags it returns the report as a search result.

As per your suggestion I tried looking at the descriptions but there is no way of changing the description as whats the purpose of having a description column if we can't give a proper description of the report. Also if I change the description then clients will be even more confused as they have no idea what's included in the report.

We would like the ability to be able to select the fields our search is based on to limit the number of reports being returned.

Thanks,

Ashan

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Ashan,

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion. I've logged this as an Idea for an Enhancement Request. Before becoming a request, ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. This post will be updated with any future information relevant to this process.

Thanks,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file