Event cache for YFN 7.1

Nick shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Is the following article applicable to YFN 7.1?

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/what-is-event-caching-and-how-can-i-adjust-it

The reason I'm asking is the info_cache.jsp page doesn't show any info on the event cache.

Regards,

Nick

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Nick,

This actually does not relate to 7.1. I believe the earliest version this was introduced was 7.2.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Thanks Paul.

I have an issue where broadcast schedules run on every 1st of each month, and on that day, SR crashes when users access SR and broadcast schedules kick off. To me, it sounds like a resourcing issue.

I've checked the Tomcat JVM Max memory, which is currently set to 4.5 GB and there's 2.2 GB free mem according from info.jsp. I haven't tried allocating more at this stage, but is there anything else I can look at since event cache is not an option in 7.1?

Please let me know if needs to be raised via a support ticket

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

It could be a resourcing issue. Even though you have quite a bit of memory allocated, if you are kicking of a lot of report all at the same time on the same day and they are intensive based reports, you may need more. Although what we normally suggest is to go through the reports and change the times that they run at on the 1st of the month. This way you are spreading the load across the morning.

i.e.

Via the Report.

4bd95c5a693ba402579a79ff95c1d513

Via the Admin interface.

62885f231a30b0eb73d4e45ad1184347

In almost every case when this is done, the problem is fixed. You may still need to increase memory, but I would look at this as the first option.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

That is another option. Thanks for the suggestion, Paul.

If for any reason, the customer is unable to do this i.e stagger broadcast schedules, or allocating more JVM memory doesn't resolve the issue.

Is there anything else from a YFN perspective that we can look at?

Server specs look more than enough (CPU/MEM).

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

We do have various performance improvements, but the next one to check from here would probably be the way the reports are built and starting to analyse them in more detail. We could also look at making sure there are enough Database connections available in-case you are running out.

To be honest, this should fix the issue (Staggering the schedules and typically this should be okay to do), but if not we could look at some profiling tools or even the logs to see what errors are being seen.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

We've tried stagger the report schedules, and monitoring at this point.

I'll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Great. Thanks for the update.

Cheers,

Paul

photo

Hey Nick,

Just checking in on this ticket to see how it's going and if you need any more help?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hey Paul,

No further assistance needed on this one.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Thanks Nick.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file