Include header columns during empty csv export

Nick shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

At the moment, we have the ability include headers when exporting reports as csv; however, when reports do not contain any data, there is only one line that shows:

"no results returned"

Here, we would like to make a request to have column headers show on the exported report even though there is no data.

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out to support idea.

I think I understand what you're getting at, I created a report that included a filter with no resulting data in Ski Team, This outputted the "no results returned" message without any column headers on the report-

09b40f285fe39b7160f74dcf2ac092ea

When I exported the report as a csv, it returned the same message, again with no column headers -

6499a34206017d30ed83573ff1c196b4

When I changed the filter value to include data, report headers were visible on the report -

3e937ac4dcc33151b0db95f709d8931a

This consequently resulted in column headers being included in the CSV -

3e528cd0ad29df2596d83d9464aacb99

It sounds like what you would like on CSV export would look like this -

a5fe8a77f74ac074372289c86ceeabb8

Can you confirm this accurately reflects your proposed idea? Also could you provide a use case to outline your need for this potential enhancement?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

That is correct.

Let me find out and get back to you regarding the use case.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Thanks Nick,

Will await your reply and then get this sent to devs.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

This will be for integration purposes when the file is fed to downstream interfaces and the way it needs to set up.

I think it will be a nice feature to have making yellowfin more configurable and allow seamless integration with other products.

Please let me know if it needs to be more exact.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Eric,

We would also like to have this for Broadcast Email and FTP schedule

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the additional info. I have gone ahead and created a developer request for the functionality you're seeking here. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will in turn mark this as Idea Logged; feel welcome to reply here with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thanks Eric.

What sort of time frame or expectations should I be looking at regarding ETC?

Does it mean that YFN will go ahead with the request, or does it still to go through other reviews knowing that there would be higher and existing priorities in the pipeline so to speak?

I know there are a lot of factors that could be at play here, but if you could give me an overview of the process, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Also as a final point, we are more interested in having this functionality for broadcast ftp.

And for me, having it for other functionalities, such as csv exports, broadcast email, etc seems logical.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

That's correct, there is a priority process for enhancement and defect requests in our developer platform. If this is something that you would see a heightened priority for, we have regular discussions that include open task priorities for your organization in a weekly call with the our support lead. I could request that this particular enhancement request be addressed here on your behalf if you'd like.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thanks Eric

I don't need anything further at this point time.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Sounds good Nick, will keep you informed on the task progress here.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file