Connector for MS Common Data Service for Apps (CDS)?

Aaron Benedict shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hello,

We were wondering if there is a connector or driver available that would enable a data source connection to Microsoft Common Data Service. Did not see in the Marketplace.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-intro

Thanks, Aaron

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for reaching out. Taking a quick look through CDS, it doesn't look there's JDBC connectivity options. If there were or are, then you can connect to it as is using a Generic JDBC Data Source. All you need to connect to anything to Yellowfin via JDBC is to input the JDBC connection string. However, as stated this doesn't look to be the case.

As such, there are more methods by which you can connect to Yellowfin via Connectors (file access, API, etc.). If your team has the resources, we do have an article that links to a detailed PDF where you can read on how to create your own connector. You can also reference our Connector Prerequisites Wiki entry. These should get you started on building your own connector. However, creating a connector is a complex, development intensive process. Please take this into consideration when deciding to pursue a custom connector.

Additionally, I can change this to an Idea item and submit an enhancement request for this to be developed on our end, but considering this is our first request for this and since it is also a paid service, I don't feel it likely to be chosen for development, which I believe worth pointing out.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thank you!

photo

Hi Aaron,

You're welcome! I'll go ahead and mark this Answered for now, but if you have any other questions on this or anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance.

Regards, Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file