User Count Mismatch

Naresh G shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Dear Team,

I getting mismatch user count of yellowfin with yfdatabase. In this may i know, what is the concurrent users and how do i find out those users.

Thanks &Regards,

Naresh G.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for reaching out. You can obtain your current active user list in two places:

- the 'ActiveSession' table in the config db:

/erLwKYQQQgghhBBCCCGEEEIIIYT41ZOFTyGEEEIIIYQQQgghhBBCCCHEr54sfAohhBBCCCGEEEIIIYQQQgghfvX+D6vrKdzx1qEdAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

- or from in the UI: Administration > Session Management:

/6cnKYu5lAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike ,

Thanks for getting touch.

My Yellowfin application versus licence 932 \ 1510.

But in my yellowfin database it's showing in 931. I don't know why it's showing variances . Please can you look into following query and let me know if anything wrong . Please contact anything needs to be required.

WITH

CREAT AS (

SELECT DISTINCT

SUBSTRING( LEFT([EVENTDATA], CHARINDEX(',USERID=', [EVENTDATA])-1), CHARINDEX(',IPPERSON=', [EVENTDATA]) + LEN(',IPPERSON='), LEN([EVENTDATA])) C

FROM [YFCONFIG].[DBO].[EVENT]

WHERE EVENTCODE = 'passwordchange'

UNION

SELECT DISTINCT

SUBSTRING( LEFT([EVENTDATA], CHARINDEX(',USERID=', [EVENTDATA])-1), CHARINDEX(',IPPERSON=', [EVENTDATA]) + LEN(',IPPERSON='), LEN([EVENTDATA])) C

FROM [YFCONFIG].[DBO].[EVENTARCHIVE]

WHERE EVENTCODE = 'CREATEUSER'

)

,DELET AS(

SELECT DISTINCT

CONTENTID D

FROM [YFCONFIG].[DBO].[EVENT]

WHERE EVENTCODE = 'DELETEUSER'

UNION

SELECT DISTINCT

CONTENTID D

FROM [YFCONFIG].[DBO].[EVENTARCHIVE]

WHERE EVENTCODE = 'DELETEUSER'

)

,EMAIL AS(

SELECT DISTINCT

[IPID] ,

[EMAILADDRESS]

FROM [YFCONFIG].[DBO].[IPCONTACT]

)

,WKEMP AS(

SELECT DISTINCT

[EMAIL ID]

FROM [dbo].[V_YF_DAILY_LOGIN_DETAILS]

)

, YFEMP AS(

SELECT

C C1,

EMAILADDRESS E1

FROM CREAT

LEFT JOIN EMAIL ON CREAT.C = EMAIL.IPID

WHERE C NOT IN (SELECT * FROM DELET) and c not in (select distinct ipperson from Person where status = 'inactive')

)

select * from YFEMP

photo

Hi Naresh,

Okay, so you're actually looking for total users in your system, not users with active sessions? If so, where in the application are you seeing 932? I'm not sure what this query is intended to be for, but if you want a count of total users in your system, those details will be contained in the 'ipclass' table.

You can execute the following query to see your active users:

SELECT * FROM 74yellowfin0104.ipclass WHERE EndDate > now();

Which in my case returns 12 rows:

/glHzWSZLAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

You'll have to replace with your Schema name of course, and alter the syntax depending on your RDBMS - for example now() is a MySQL function, but in MS SQL Server it would be GETDATE() instead.

Next, I can confirm by checking the license details in my '/info.jsp' file, which does indeed indicate I have 12 recognized users (1 consumer + 11 writers):

You can access the info.jsp file by appending '/info.jsp' to your login URL. For example, http://localhost:8080/info.jsp.

If you run the above query and check the info.jsp you should see matching user counts. Please let me know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Naresh,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Actually we are looking for who are active users. Because we deactivated & deleted some users.

Thank you so much!

photo

Hi Naresh,

Filling in for Mike as he is on vacation this week. You should be able to see your "active" users via the STATUS column in the PERSON table in the YF Config DB.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reply , This has closed . we can close the ticket .

Best &Regards,

Naresh Gose.

photo

Thanks Naresh,

I will mark this as Answered. Feel welcome to re-open with a reply if you have related inquires.

Thanks,

Eric

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file