Disable Tooltip Totals

John Phillips shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi

It would be useful to be able to disable the tooltip totals from the tooltip display. For example, when working with percentages, we do not necessarily need a total displayed for different percentage values.

Thanks!

Replies (8)

photo

Hi John,

Hope you are well!

As previously mentioned within ticket #14565 I have submitted this idea on your behalf - I have now also raised this with the devs! :)

Any progress regarding this enhancement will be updated here.

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thank you. One last question, can you just turn tool tips off all together for this one chart?

John Phillips

photo

Hey John,

Hope you are well!

Yes you are able to turn off the Tooltip display for individual charts. You just need to head into your chart builder step > settings > Style > disable Tooltip display :)

a6a879e76b25d46aeceb5f8957cbd2cf

67f8965843cae48d719e8e5a4f443c7a

Hope this helps :)

Best wishes,

Lesley

photo

Any updates with regards to this enhancement. request? Turning off tool tip totals is important since ides does not make sense to total percentages.

photo

Hi Gary,

I hope all is well,

Mark here from the EMEA Support Region. As per Lesley's update we have the option to Enable/Disable Tooltip Display;

9a39abb2dd1e3216b939cc76b4304e6e

5177348946b0a7b2e968cab59288e4dd

I know this is not the request as the request specifically asks for the Total to be disabled, however, does this act as a workaround with achieving the option of not having Tooltip Total display? Please let me know.

Regards,

Mark

photo

What is the workaround? To disable tooltip (on hover)? Then how did you get the above pop-up?

photo

Hi Gary,

I hope all is well,

Let me clear your questions up;

What is the workaround?

The workaround is to completely disable the Tooltip Display.

To disable tooltip (on hover)?

Correct.

Then how did you get the above pop-up?

In my image/s attached I had this enabled which would then result in the Tooltip showing. Disabling this like you can see in Lesley's image/s will then result in no Tooltip Display appearing.

With this and going forward we specifically want the Tooltip Total to be removed as an option within the settings. This is currently an Enhancement with our developers, although no updates/movements with this as of yet.

Let me know if that clears it up.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Gary,

I hope all is well,

Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance with this Idea Ticket. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file