How to disable HTML tags in Email template in Yellowfin

Amir Shaikh shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Dear Experts,

Customer wants to know if we can disable HTML tags we get in a broadcast email.

Instead they need it to be displayed in Plain text.

Please let me know if we can disable this HTML tags.

ENV INFO:

ARS/Smart reporting : 19.2

Appreciate your quick response on this.

Regards,

Amir

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Amir,

There is no option to change this setting to plain text only. The email is always in a HTML format.

Is there any specific reason, they are looking to do this?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response.

Their customers want it to be in a plain text instead of HTML tagging which doesnt looks good in an email they say..

Regards,

Amir

photo

Hi Amir,

Is it a particular email client where it does not display well. The only option we really have is for them to modify the email template. They can find more information on this here. I could suggest this to be considered as an idea and see if this is something that can be done at a later stage.

Cheers,

Paul

photo

Hi,

As I told to Amir the problem is not that it doesn't look good, the problem is that HTML- email are not allowed due to high security environment where customer is operating and their security policies...

kr,

Jani

photo

Hi Jani,

I now understand the reason for this. I have therefore raised this as an enhancement request which is : YFN-15574. If there is any update on this I will let you know. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Customer updated with the actual reason to disable the html tags:

The problem IS that in their security restricted environment it is not allowed to send or receive HTML email, if we send HTML email they will be blocked in email server.

I have informed customer regarding the enhancement request you have raised and currently awaiting his response.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Amir

photo

Hi Amir,

No worries. I have updated the Dev ticket with this info.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Amir,

Just checking in to see if you need anything else with this or if you would like me to close this ticket off for now? I have raised the idea in another ticker and will follow up with any progress through their.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Amir,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Amir,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file