Ability to add aggregate functions in FREEHAND SQL calculations

YF Distributor South Africa shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Guys,

Is there a possibility of having the ability to add aggregate functions when doing a freehand SQL calculation?

Regards,

Lebo

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Lebo,

Thanks for asking about this. As this is has been a listed limitation in the Calculated Field builder for some time, I would venture to say that there isn't a good possibility that this will happen. I will say the documentation around this is fairly vague so, If you could provide me a viable use case, I would more than happily communicate it to my team.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hello Lebo,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going, and if you have had a chance to review my reply.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Morning Jared,

I had actually asked the client to respond to this. I will remind them again and then get back to you.

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hello Lebo,

Thanks for the update.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

Here's the response from the client.

• We plan to build a report that measures the correlation of two metrics.

Yellowfin has a limitation:

• I cannot further use fields aggregated by an ‘advance function’, in a calculated field.

• I cannot perform a simple (Sum, Count, AVG, ect) function on the free hand SQL option for calculated fields. Which is odd since I can execute advance functions (Square root , Standard deviation).

I have developed a report serving this function, however, I cannot further calculate the ‘correlation’ as I cannot further aggregate the fields I have manipulated or use them while building a calculated field.

This is for client work so I can’t give details either than what we want to calculate, ideally, I would like to be able to:

• Use these ‘advance function’ aggregated fields (with their new value) in a ‘calculated field’ set-up.

• Execute ‘simple’ aggregation on Free-hand SQL calculation.

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hello Lebo,

Thank you for the response and the further clarification on the clients issue.

I have gone ahead and raised this as an enhancement. I will update this ticket if there are and updates on the enhancement request.

Until then please let me know if you have any other questions or issues regarding this topic.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

Thanks.

Regards,

Lebo

Leave a Comment

Attach a file