Web service error code 50

Bharath Kumar shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

We are using an automated way to create users in YF database. But I see the below error in the logs during the user creation/updation:

2019-05-27 16:49:46,248 ERROR [pool-7-thread-1] com.bmc.usersync.yellowfin.YellowfinService (YellowfinService.java:852) - Error in executing SQL query on Smart Reporting. Web Service Error Code : {} 50

2019-05-27 16:49:46,325 ERROR [pool-7-thread-1] com.bmc.usersync.utils.UserSyncUtil (UserSyncUtil.java:491) - The user update for user failed. Please check the smartreporting logs for details.

2019-05-27 18:59:09,860 ERROR [pool-7-thread-5] com.bmc.usersync.utils.UserSyncUtil (UserSyncUtil.java:491) - The user update for user failed. Please check the smartreporting logs for details.

2019-05-27 18:59:09,904 ERROR [pool-7-thread-5] com.bmc.usersync.utils.UserSyncUtil (UserSyncUtil.java:491) - The user update for user failed. Please check the smartreporting logs for details.

2019-05-27 18:59:10,312 ERROR [pool-7-thread-5] com.bmc.usersync.utils.UserSyncUtil (UserSyncUtil.java:491) - The user update for user failed. Please check the smartreporting logs for details.

I am seeing web service code 50 for the first time. Even in your list, I can only see codes till 48.

Could you please help us with code 50 what is it and how to fix it.

Regards,

Bharath

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Bharath,

According to the documentation the Web Service Error Code 50 is

PASSWORD_NOT_SET

public static final int PASSWORD_NOT_SET

Error code indicating that a password parameter is not set. Please check this area.

If you need to get a full listing of Error codes, please see the following URL

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-how-to-get-a-complete-list-of-all-web-service-error-codes-thread-201665

You should be able to get there also as follows.

/Yellowfin 7.3/development/doc/webservices/javadoc/constant-values.html

Let me know how this goes and if this has helped.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Bharath,

Hope you has a great weekend.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Bharath,

Just checking in to see if the information I provided was what you were looking for and if this has helped you find the problem with the web service?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Bharath,

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request as I have not heard back from you for some time. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Thank you,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file