Week start date not obeying week start day setting

David Goodrum shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

In the global time and date settings, I set Week Start Day to Monday. In a view, I used the week start date function to create a new field. The week start date is on a Sunday, not on a Monday. It is not using the global preference in the week start date function.

Replies (7)

photo

I read this post:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/changing-the-week-start-date-for-a-sales-by-week-report

As far as I can tell, this doesn't work.

When I look at the SQL for my report, I can see why it isn't working. It is using the DAYOFWEEK function. In MySQL, this follows the ODBC convention, which is Sunday = 1.

photo

Hi David,

This is correct. I believe the post you mentioned is slightly different and is only used for Date Filters. The DAYOFWEEK uses the SQL function within the Database to set this and is therefore determined by your Database. You would need to change the field to something along the lines of a Start Date + 1 Day to achieve what you are looking for.

Something like this thread might be able to help.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi David,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

I don't think there is anything else I need, except perhaps a note that Yellowfin will consider fixing this. I get why it isn't working. You are suggesting that I could code around it. That may be true, but my preference would be for you (Yellowfin) to code around it so that I don't have to.

Cheers,

Dave

photo

Hi Dave,

I understand completely and I have now suggested this as an IDEA for the dev team and if there is any update from them down the track, I will certainly let you know. Hopefully this is okay?

Cheers,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Sounds good. Thanks for following up.

Cheers,

Dave

photo

Hi David,

No problems. I will close this off for now, but it you need anything else, please keep in touch.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file