Capability to add Report Specific JDBC parameter at runtime in JDBC URL

Abhijeet Teli shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

We are working one of the feature in Remedy and we need specific functionality from Yellowfin in-order to leverage it. This is an enhancement request but this not generic one and only specific to BMC deployment so raising it as Private ticket for further reviews.

Bit of background on this

We are working on a feature is called DataMode API which is flag to tell server Either query will pull Data from Live tables or Live + Archived tables,

Remedy is a transaction application and multiple people from multiple region work on this, Over the period of time Data volume grows exponentially in DB and result in to performance degradation, So we came up with Archival feature where Admins can set archival policy which is essentially moving data from Main Tables to Archive tables for X period. and server has made further provision to read the archived rows using a specific JDBC parameter,

In current design we have a way to set custom JDBC parameter in data source section. But this is like global configuration it applies to all report requests,

Actual requirement is like this,

Assume end user is running a report on Incident Management module and Data is archived so only last 2 years of data present in Main Tables rest of the data is archived.

Now if end user wants to pull the report for last 5 years then we need pass additional parameter in JDBC URL eg; DataMode=all. This will tell remedy server the report request is for Live+Archived data and it will fire query on both the tables with UNION clause.

Now this parameter needs to be set based on user selection at the time of user is running the report. Just like user prompt filters and this option is required for end user. So we need a mechanism from Yellowfin which will add a parameter in JDBC URL based on user input

Hope you understood the requirement. In case if there is any confusion please let me know, We can take a quick call to discuss this further,

NOTE - This one is priority request because we hit dead end from reporting side as its Yellowfin dependent.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

I hope all is well,

I am going to go ahead and convert this to an Idea. I hope you don't mind.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

I have gone ahead and raised this as an Enhancement.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Additional information provided by Abhijeet;

We also have a requirement to put some JDBC parameters for individual Users, So set of parameters from Data Source settings and some parameters should get appended for logged in user, So we may need another section in User Profile where we can set additional parameters.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file