Broadcast only Approved reports.

Abhay Bagalkoti shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello Team,

We are using 7.3 20180801 build.

Use case -

1. User A creates reports and send it to User B (admin or non-admin ) for approvals.

2. User B reviews the report and if found appropriate then approves it else asks for modification until the report meets requirements.

The above points has been achieved so far.

The next thing that we are looking for is - Once the Report is Approved, it is then broadcasted to a distribution list.

I have done some tests, and can see that even if the report is not approved, then also the report can broadcasted. I think there might be some ways to turn off the broadcast option to the report creators probably assigning them to restricted group or something else.

Other way is - ask the approver to create broadcast once he\she approves the report, but mostly admin users.

What I want to know or need is - While creating a broadcast, is there a way to check only approved reports?

Regards,

Abhay

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Abhay,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

There is an role option to restrict the ability to broadcast -

89a6d9683ff975fb7531e6d8aa89f33e

It doesn't appear there is any way to designate between broadcasting unapproved and approved reports, would that be something you would like to see in a future version perhaps?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric,

Thanks for confirming. This will good to have as an idea.

BMC Software just started consuming 8.0, I am yet to explore it.

I doubt this is also applicable to 8.0 version as well.

Regards,

Abhay

photo

Hello Eric,

I have another question - Is there a way to create broadcast programmatically rather than UI?

Regards,

Abhay

photo

hi Abhay,

I have gone ahead and created an enhancement request for your idea. Updates to the developer task will be provided here as they are available. I will mark this ticket as "idea logged;" feel welcome to reply here with future related inquiries.

As far as your question regarding creating a broadcast outside of the UI, you may be able to have success using Web Service calls. More info can be found here -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/user80/Report+Services

Does this help answer your question?

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file