Save a value on a variable to use in the report, where this value remains the same after filters

Jesus Villegas shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Im creating a report and I have a total value for example of 10,000 and this is my 100%, and I need to keep this number, but when I start adding filters this number will change according to the filters, but I don't want this number to change. Is it possible to have this field exclude from the filters?

Thank you.

Jesus

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for reaching out. If you want the total to display by itself without being affected by the filtering, you can create a child report with just the 100% value, and then set that report as the co-display report in the main report. If you choose Co-Display Right for example:

In this case you'd just see that static report to the right of your filtered results in your main report:

You can read more about Co-Display Reports on our Wiki here. Let me know if this seems to work for your use case.

Regards,

Mike

photo

You could also use a a union or left join. I often use unions to get a distinct count when dealing with overlapping data. I also use right join (sub-query's) and join just enough to assure totals. For example, a report that gives a total for the country but drills down to individual states, cities, etc. If you join on country, then the total will always be country. If there isn't a logical drill like that, then create a calculated field with the value 1 in both the master and sub-query and join on that. You can use the "link filter" feature to assure that certain filters are applied without losing the total.

photo

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your input. This sounds like a great solution to me!

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Jesus,

Please confirm whether either of these methods work for you.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Jesus,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file