Importing BIRT reports in Yellowfin

Stefan shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

As Title states, I need to import BIRTs .rptdesign report in Yellowfin/Smart Reporting.

This can be done in our test environment but we cannot recreate it on our production side.

BMC was no help at all, so I'm inquiring here if you have any idea why this would work on one environment and would not on the other.

/AQhzX9BcB0+bAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Another question is regarding the editing of BIRT reports when they are imported within Yellowfin/Smart Reporting.

Is there any way to have more control over filters and setting through the Yellowfin/Smart Reporting or does it have to go through BIRT then imported again when changed ?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for reaching out. I suspect the reason you'd see this in one environment and not in another would be because these would be separate installations of Yellowfin, possibly different versions/builds, so the production one may not have BIRT Reports enabled. You can find more information on BIRT Reports including how to enable them on our Wiki page, found here.

For the "control over filters and setting through the Yellowfin/Smart Reporting" query, I suspect the answer is no, and that it would have to be imported again when changed. This the case for our other pixel perfect reporting import option - Jasper Reports, so I suspect it would be the same here.

Please take a look through the above referenced Wiki and please let me know if you have any further questions upon working through it.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thank you very much for fast response.

I'll message you by mid week next week if that is okay with you to tell you if this case can be closed.

If anything arises in the meantime I'll contact you.

photo

Hi Stefan,

Sure, no problem. I'll check back in late next week if I don't hear back from you.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Stefan,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Stefan,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file