User Migrate Process - Migrate without deletion?

Dor David Makmal shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hey,

We're interested in migrating users' assets (Reports, Dashboards, Broadcasts etc., being an owner) to another user.

The only way we know is through deletion of the user, when the actual person not working in the company anymore.

What about when a user moves internally, to another department?

is there a way to migrate users' asset without deletion?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Dor,

Thanks for reaching out to support f....(oops hit update early sorry!)

Just to confirm, your objective would be to migrate content from one user to another without deletion....

Would your goal be to migrate all content? Select content? Between client orgs?

This might be possible via the backend, I could inquire with devs to see if there's a query for that, would that be a possible solution in this case?

But as a supported functionality, the "delete user - migrate content" enhancement was a fairly recent addition, and I think we could go further I'm imagining an enhancement that would live somewhere in the User section of the admin console, that looks like the data source section, showing report ownership.

4acae45beffe82da3d602ade53179d3d

there'd be a button or menu to "move ownership" to another user here. Would you like to push your objective to developers and see if they have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Dor,

Just wanted to follow up on this ticket; I had another client with a similar ticket and underlying issue, and I created an enhancement request to add a user role that would be able to view and edit private reports. Does this sound like what you'd be looking for here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Dor,

I'm going ot go ahead and mark this ticket as Answered due to lack of activity. If you'd like to be included in the logged defect, feel welcome to reply here.

Best,

Eric

photo

Hey Eric !! sorry for my late response.

The enhancement request is interesting !! but I wish to get that query you were talking about until the enhancement will be implanted. (from experience - ideas I had 3 years ago are still not being developed! and I know you don't have enough manpower for that... :) )

I'll be happy if not only reports and dashboards will be moved to another owner, BUT ALSO broadcasts.

Think that'll be possible?

Thanks Eric!

photo

Hi Dor,

I've gone ahead ahead and created an enhancement request to be able to migrate user content and broadcasts to another user without deletion. I'll touch base with Australia this afternoon to see their thoughts on the query for you as well. I'll mark this ticket as Idea Logged in the meantime.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file