Force a View to create only Private Reports?

Dor David Makmal shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

is there a way that we can set a view that the users of this view will be able to create only private reports as a default or fixed option?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Dor,

Unfortunately Yellowfin does not support this option

The only security options for the view with what users can do. You can find this by navigating to the Prepare tab in the editing of Views - Select the Padlock/Key Icon (Security). Within this you have 3 different options for this View;

1. Unsecure - This view is unrestricted. Any user can run, create or edit reports against this view.
  2. Edit Restricted - This view is partially restricted. Any user can run reports against this view, but only the users listed below can create or edit reports.
  3. Restricted - This view is restricted. Only the users listed below can run, create or edit reports.

031a4a7c93f9da12b07336dd1d8737e7

I do not think the above would help with your request but this would be the only option we have.

Regards,

Paul

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Dor,

Unfortunately Yellowfin does not support this option

The only security options for the view with what users can do. You can find this by navigating to the Prepare tab in the editing of Views - Select the Padlock/Key Icon (Security). Within this you have 3 different options for this View;

1. Unsecure - This view is unrestricted. Any user can run, create or edit reports against this view.
  2. Edit Restricted - This view is partially restricted. Any user can run reports against this view, but only the users listed below can create or edit reports.
  3. Restricted - This view is restricted. Only the users listed below can run, create or edit reports.

031a4a7c93f9da12b07336dd1d8737e7

I do not think the above would help with your request but this would be the only option we have.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Dor,

Just checking in to see if you need anything else on this query?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Dor,

I am sure you have a lot of things going on at the moment, so just checking in to see if you need anyhing else on this question?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

yeah I figured there's no such option.. ok thanks Paul !! nothing else

photo

Hi Dor,

No worries. I will close this off for now.

Cheers,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file