Create reports programatically (web service)

Abhijeet Teli shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

We need to find a way to create a report programmatically using web-service or any other method.

The report will be based on existing views in Yellowfin, At this point report can be simple tabular report with set of fields.

I just went through existing set of Report web-services but those are mainly designed for interacting with existing report nothing has been found to create a new one.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for reaching out with your idea. I'd just like some additional clarity here - we should have an option for something like entry=CREATEREPORT when using SSO Web Service, that'll take user straight to the create report page. Is this what you're looking for? Or are you looking to actually generate a new report entirely within a web service jsp?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Our requirement is to create entire report progratically. It's like machine generated report.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

Understood. I've gone ahead and submitted an enhancement request for this.

Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

Just reviewing some older items and came across this one. I'm really having a hard time on visualizing this process, are you able to outline what you expect to happen and how YF would know which fields/views to use. You can put this in a word doc if easier.

Thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file