Save conditional formatting configurations in the report definition

Guest shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello,

I am building a report in which we show multiple columns with the value 0 or 1 based on some condition. The 0 will be set to an icon with the name 'close' and the 1 will be set to the icon with the name 'check'. Also the backgrounds are altered, red for the 0 and green for the 1.

There are 11 of those columns in this report.

It would be nice when a specific conditional formatting configuration could be saved to the report definition. Give each configuration a name and show these before the default options you have. For my report I have 1 conditional formatting configuration with 3 rules (value 0, 1 and null) and each rule one has to be included for all 11 columns. Now I have to apply them to all (in my case 11) columns one-by-one.

I am aware the admin can set up environment specific icons but that is not always what you want :-)

It is a minor issue but with only building this report I was already fed-up with changing the same things again and again.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Replies (3)

photo

Hi JeRoen,

You are quite correct and this cannot be saved and re-used, which can certainly be frustrating. The only thing I can do is raise this as an idea with our DEV team and see if this is something that they might consider implementing. Would you like me to do this for you?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hello Paul,

If you could that would be great. I can imagine that more people have the same experience I had.

Thanks.

Jeroen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Thanks for this. I have now provided this as an idea to our Dev team. If something changes on this I will let you know.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file