Browse Page Columns on User Role Not Applying

Jason Kaczmarek shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

I just created a new user and logged-in to make sure things looked good and I realized all available Browse Page columns are showing. I only have "Name" and "Description" selected on the role though.

(v7.4.6)

Jason

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you show me what Role settings you're looking at for this?

I believe these are the only configurations related to the Browse page in the Role Permissions:

/wFu3ufzd5ZnrAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

And that any Columns that are displayed in the Browse section, assuming the Hide Columns Option isn't checked, are set at an individual user level.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Mike,

The following is available at the bottom of the role setup page.

/xpgjDEO6xpCIIS8cujngAkhEgoACDEo9HPAhBBCCNFAAQAhhsTBhu7+CSEiCgAIIYQQgwP8H5k04Sp9GEvSAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for pointing that out. You are right, this should work, however, this has been previously been logged as a defect. We've even tried a back-end query to force these settings and it's still not working due to the nature of the issue, so this will indeed require a dev fix.

I've gone ahead and added you to the client list of those being impacted by this behavior.

Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi team - wondering if this has been fixed. We are on 8.0.5 and have the same issue - doesn't apply to the role.

photo

Hi James,

This has not been fixed yet, but a few more clients have reported this since this ticket's been logged so I do suspect it will be looked at soon. I've also gone ahead and added you to the client list in our internal task of those being impacted by this behavior. Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Mike,

this ticket is marked as solved.

We are on 9.1.0 and have still the same problem.

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi Veronika,

Sorry about that, I believe that was accidentally toggled. This has not yet been resolved. I've gone ahead and added you to the client list of those being impacted by this behavior. This defect is set to Highest priority and is being targeted to be worked on this quarter, so I suspect it will be in the next builds coming out in a few months, but I will update task once again when I have another update.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

many thanks for your update.

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi Veronika,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi all,

Just writing to let you know that 9.4, which contains this fix, has now been published. You can download the full installer here.

Here are the direct links to download the update installers: .exe / .jar

Please download and install and confirm the fix when you get the chance.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file