Possible Defect - Logging onto Multiple PC's

Dominic Alfonsi shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi Support,

We have been alerted to an issue with the 'Remote Kill' functionality when logging into the Dashboard from multiple PC's.

The functionality works well when logging into the Dashboard via the traditional login screen but when you try to log into Dashboard via a direct link to a report you get an error message stating you are unable to login from multiple hosts.

/Z7DfOGCAYAaYhgAJCGCAYAaYhgAJCGCAYAaYhgAJCGCAYAaYhgAJCGCAYAaYhgAJCGCAYAaYhgAJCGCAYAaYhgAJCGCAYAaYhgAJCGCAYAaYhgAJCGCAYAaYhgAJCGCAYAaf4Po56YotxBAnUAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Please let me know if you can replicate this or if there is a setting that I have missed?

Thanks,

Dom

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I've tested this process in the newest Yellowfin builds of 7.2 and 7.3 and have been unable to replicate the behavior you're experiencing. It would be helpful if you could provide the build number of Yellowfin 7.2 you're running so I can better replicate your environment.

If you're unsure, you can access the info.jsp page by placing it directly after your port number, i.e. <YourYellowfinServerIp>:<Port>/info.jsp.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

7.2 20160727

photo

Hello Dominic,

I was able to replicate this behavior in the version you have installed. The good news is that the issue you're experiencing is not present in current versions of Yellowfin. I would recommend upgrading if this issue is problematic. The newest build of 7.2 can be downloaded here, or if you want to make the jump to 7.3 you can download it here (note that you'll have to log-in to access these pages).

Before upgrading, make sure you backup your Yellowfin Configuration Database and your Yellowfin folder. You can follow the process here to upgrade your instance.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file