Ability to edit individual fields in Simple Calculated Field Editor

Veronika Lackner shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

we are creating lots of calculations and when we want to change one field or one operator we have to delete the whole string or we have to undo everything till the place we want to fill something in.

fe0663fd377a98c6127e70c7e9cc8f38

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Veronika,

Thanks for reaching out with your idea, I have logged this as an idea which will allow it to be considered for a future enhancement. Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

thank you for the information.

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi Veronika,

There is an update on this from the dev team... We plan on rebuilding the calc field builder, which will include this functionality, however it won't be until towards the end of 2019. Sorry it's not sooner, but it is coming!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

thank you so much for this update.

It is good to hear that there will be change.

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi guys, I just added a new ticket related to this idea. (I did not see this one) https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/copy-calculated-fields-and-make-changes-easier

Mike, do we have this functionality yet?

photo

Hi Vefa,

I've gone ahead and added your organization as an affected client to the developer task for this idea. The task is still currently listed as unresolved in our system, but will hopefully be addressed soon, as our head developer previously said a large update to the calculated field builder would be happening in late 2019 or early 2020. Mark has asked for an update on the task earlier today on your behalf. I'll keep you updated on the reply or any other status updates via this post.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi all,

I have an update here from our CTO: "I can say with some certainty that the report builder refresh will happen in 2022 - this got delayed for a few reasons, this year we shifted our focus to deliver NLQ. Part of the report builder refresh will be to re-write the calc field builder - as you can imagine it's a pretty big undertaking (particularly in terms of testing and potential regression impact) but the end result will be far more usable and will support more complexity in terms of functions."

As such, this is intended to be implemented at some point next year. Stay tuned for more updates.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file