7.3 Canvas Bug

Jeffy shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi there

I am attempting to create a multi chart report on 7.3.

When I expand the Chart Widgets bar on the left, it pops up ‘behind’ the canvas. As you’ll see in the screenshot, the second widget (the time series chart) has been blocked by the canvas and it is impossible for me to drag it to the canvas as I end up clicking on the canvas itself instead.

Could you please have a look into this?

Let me know if you require any further information from me.

Thanks

Jeffy

Replies (12)

photo

Hi Jeffy,

I hope all is well,

In order for me to investigate further can you please provide me with the exact build of 7.3 that you are using, you can find this by using the info.jsp page, or the System Information under Administration.

I look forward to your reply on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Good morning Mark

We are presently running on the 20170103 build.

/857a663256ae26c357204d27f4237050

Many thanks

Jeff

photo

Hi Jeffy,

Thank you for getting back to me with the requested information. I have since tested this with the same version/build that you mentioned using our SKI Team Data and I was unable to replicate. See image below:

c1e9960915b25890d9cb2ad78bd3f403

As you can see from the above image my "Chart Widget" within the Left Side Menu appears in front of the Multi Chart Canvas how it should. I want to question whether or not this issue appears with any charts canvases/reports or is it just with this specific set of charts/reports that you have shown within the image attached by yourself.

NOTE: I will also have this questioned with my fellow Support Team to see if they have experienced this issue before.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark

Hope you had a nice weekend.

I’ve just tried creating different types of charts – bar and line charts as shown below but the problem persists:

/12c348672c11647e70f70f1a0aea147a

Regards,

Jeff

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:06 PM

To: Jeff Chong

Subject: Re: 7.3 Canvas Bug [#1081]

photo

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for getting back to me regarding this, going forward with this I want to question the following:

-Have you tested in different web browsers? i.e. Chrome, Firefox etc.

-Have you tried different Zoom Levels within the web browsers?

-Are you using an Upgrade Instance or a fresh Install Instance?

-Have you tried clearing your Cache/Internet Browse History?

-Within the web browser; Inspecting, have you come across any Java scrip errors?

If you can get back to me with the following I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark, please find my comments to your question below in bold:

·Have you tested in different web browsers? i.e. Chrome, Firefox etc.

Same issue with IE11, Chrome v55, Safari 10

·Have you tried different Zoom Levels within the web browsers?

Yes, with no success

·Are you using an Upgrade Instance or a fresh Install Instance?

Upgrade Instance

·Have you tried clearing your Cache/Internet Browse History?

I’m using Private browsing, so I assume it would not be caused by browser cache? In any case, I’ve tried doing so and the problem persists

·Within the web browser; Inspecting, have you come across any Java scrip errors?

Not sure how to “Inspect” my browser. If you’re referring if I’ve seen any pop up JavaScript error (like the screenshot below – NOTE: this is a random screenshot I googled, and NOT the error I encountered), no I did not encounter any JavaScript errors.

/4202a18995b4e92bc612f48991103a70

Thanks,

Jeff

From: Yellowfin Support Team [mailto:community@yellowfin.bi]

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 8:45 PM

To: Jeff Chong

Subject: New Comment in "7.3 Canvas Bug"

photo

<Redacted>

photo

Hi Jeffy,

Thanks for getting back to me with the answers to my questions asked... I have since tested this further by doing the following:

1. Using 7.2 20160907 upgrade to 7.3 20170103 (using the upgrade installer)

2. Created a new report using multi-chart

3. Unable to Replicate.

4. Imported this chart from previously exporting from original version/build.

5. Unable to Replicate.

Going forward with this and as you can see I was unable to replicate of which is very frustrating on my behalf. As a guess I would suspect this to be some sort of corruption within the setup files, would it be possible to do a fresh install or possibly set up a test instance to see if this works?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking into this. I'll have a chat with the team and get back to you on this.

Jeffy

photo

Hi Jeffy,

Thank you for getting back to me regarding this issue, if you can please get back to me regarding this I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Turns out this was caused by our custom CCS styling. The issue has now been resolved.

Thanks a lot for your assistance in looking after this.

Jeffy

photo

Hi Jeffy,

Thank you for getting back to me, I am pleased all is well. I will now go ahead and mark this case as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file