Unable to edit view metadata in 7.4.7

Greg Kaan shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Previously, I was able to edit view metadata during the Save process for a View.Our system was updated to 7.4.7 recently and as part of the UI overhaul for 7.4, the editing of view metadata is now supposed to done from a link in the General tab of the View Summary.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/USER74/View+Summary

There is no such link on the General tab of the View Summary with our 7.4.7 installation (I have attached an image of this). Is there any other means to get to edit these properties? In particular, I need to change the datasource for the view to avoid recreating it and the reports that are using it.

My user has the Admin role and has all rights enabled for Database Views

Thanks

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Greg,

I hope all is well,

From what I can see this looks like a defect and already logged. You can see within this problem ticket that this has previously been raised before; JIRA ID: YFN-11453.

I will mark this as Answered. Let me know your views on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark

I was searching for topics under “change view metadata 7.4.7” – I didn’t think to search under just 7.4 as I thought this bug must have only been recently introduced.

Do you have any timeframe for this to be resolved? The ticket was logged 2 months ago.

Or should I enquire in the thread you linked?

Regards

Greg

photo

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately not, I have added notes to this ticket within JIRA to help push with our development team. Adding further comments to the link mentioned will not hurt. Apologies for this... Please feel free to bug me anytime for updates.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file