Change colour of text displayed in Treemap charts

Andreas Mac Mahon shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

The Treemap chart type has the option of displaying text (defined by dropping a dimension into the "label" field) within the chart. What appears to be lacking is the ability to define the colour and font used for this text with the result being that the text becomes impossible to read against some chart field colours. Is this a missing feature or is it just so that I haven't found where this setting lives?

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. At this time the ability to define colour and font for chart label text on a Treemap is not a feature you'll find at a report builder level in Yellowfin. I feel this may be a good candidate for submitting as an idea to be voted on by the community and reviewed by our Product Team for consideration in future development. Please submit this as an idea if it's something you'd like to see.

In the meantime, it is possible to edit the chart default colors and the label font and color at a global level through Administration > Content Settings > Chart Settings. The font and color of the text you're describing can be altered from Fonts > Label, as seen in the screenshot below. The Color section of the Chart Settings can be used to determine which colors will be used in a chart by default, and in what order. This can help you manage the background color of your Treemap sections to ensure text can be seen. Keep in mind all settings changed here are global and will affect all other charts on all other reports.

32a722ab23a3bf69949559105428a4be

A simpler workaround may be to include a legend on your chart, so that colors which are difficult to read the text through can still be identified.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood your question, or if you'd like assistance creating an idea for a product enhancement based on your question.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file