Replicating Yellowfin popup lightbox within YF API page

Nick Eddy shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I have a custom jsp page which displays a dashboard using the YF API.

One of the reports contains drill through links configured to open as popup.

The API handles this by loading the drill through report within the current report element, which is fine, but ideally it would be nice to replicate the popup look and feel of native YF interface.

Is there any way I could incorporate the YF lightbox scripts to achieve this?I would most likely have to alter/override the report.js runReportCmd function to handle DRILL|POPUP requests differently, just need some guidance on which scripts/css the light box requires and how to call it.

I could attempt building my own lightbox, but it would be easier to reuse if possible.

Thanks

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Nick,

I'm going to have to have a meeting with the developers to work through this request, and the problem with that is that at the moment they are all working very hard towards the next major release, but anyway, I'll put in a request to them and see how it goes...

regards,

David

photo

Hi Nick,

I got a response from the devs!

They say that the way the architecture is at the moment it is almost impossible to do, except by some really dirty hack work which would take quite some time for them to explain and for you to try.

However, there is some good news....the JS API is actually being re-vamped for YF 7.8.8 which will be out in December this year, and that will make it easier for you to do.

How does this news grab you, do you think you can hold off the project until Dec? Hopefully so, please let us know.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update. Yes this is good news.

Functionally it works, and for now we /client can live with it.

The reason we use the API is to enable our client to drill through to a dashboard in a separate window (single report is not detailed enough), so that the parent dashboard remains open as a point of navigation (user needs to action a list).

The feedback from our clients is that they would prefer consistent navigation methods in the UI, so hopefully the new API will close the gap in terms of user experience between native YF and API based interface.

7.8.8 is a fair jump from 7.4 - is this the next major version due?

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

I'm glad you don't have to try and implement the popup light box right now, from I gathered it would be a very messy and time-consuming experience.

Regarding 7.8.8, yes indeed that's a big jump - sorry about that, that was a typo, it should have been 7.4.8!

The current version is 7.4.6, and 7.4.7 is coming out very soon, and 7.4.8 is coming out in December.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file