100% Stacked Bar Chart

Ryan Kearbey shared this question 10 days ago
In Progress

Hello, is there a way to build a 100-percent stacked column chart over time?

What I want is something similar to the proportional bar chart but for a column chart where we have 'Time' along the X-axis and our metric on the Y-axis.

Example:

/17ee2f646624d9a189f0bc277ce009ac

Comments (8)

photo

Hello Ryan,

Apologies for the delay, We have replicated this issue and we got the required results we have 'Time' along the X-axis and metric on the Y-axis.

/55df83c8724b18824837793161055620

For achieving this need to add time column in Horizontal Axis .

Let me know if it works and please revert back if you have any queries.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Ryan,

I hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hi Priya,

What I'm looking for is a chart that the Y-Axis metric is always 100%, per the example screenshot in original ticket above. The categories like Adventure, Culture, Family, etc will add up to 100%. So the chart will always by in proportion to 100%. It's just like the proportional bar chart but vertically stacked instead of bars.

/eb6dc1ae9198dd68a101f892889a3983

photo

Hello Ryan,

Upon reviewing your ticket, we would like to investigate the reported requirements in detail. Can we discuss this in a distant meeting tomorrow earlier in the next week ?

Please let me know your availability so that we can roll out a meeting invite for the same.

Best Wishes,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Sure, we can discuss it tomorrow in my morning. I'm in Central U.S. Timezone.

photo

Furthermore, what we're trying to do is in this ticket as well https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/100-stacked-charts-bar-column

I'm able to create my chart using the method in this ticket, however, I have other charts in my report and I don't want to use crosstab. What we are looking for is a chart type already in Yellowfin for this type of 100% stacked vertical chart. https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Chart+Type+Selection

photo

Hello Ryan,

Hope you are doing well.

Unfortunately we don't have that chart type for 100% stacked vertical chart. If This is required I will go ahead and raise an Enhancement request for this issue.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Good Day!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hi Priya, please raise the enhancement request.

Thanks

Ryan