Is there another way to load the license other than through the Administration console?

Yes, there are a few ways to upload the licence:

1 - Through the UploadLicence.i4 page.

To do this, you will need to be on the machine running Yellowfin, then in the browser, enter the URL:

/UploadLicence.i4.

For example:

http://localhost:8080/UploadLicence.i4

From there you can upload the licence.

( N.B. If you can't open a browser on the machine running Yellowfin (such as a headless linux machine) then please see this other Knowledge Base article on using port forwarding to emulate being on the host machine to access this page. )

2 - Using the REST API (Yellowfin Version > 9)

If the /UploadLicence page was blocked by your admin or devops team, you could also leverage the Yellowfin REST API to upload a licence. Do note that only Yellowfin 9 supports the REST API. Older versions of YF will be using the SOAP API (See the next section).

An easy way to get set up with the REST API is to import a template Postman.json collection file (See file attachments). This collection file contains some of the most key REST functions such as generating a refresh and access tokens. Simply update the Variables in the top-level folder and you should be good to go.

After you make a successful connection to your instance, add your licence file under the Upload Licence function and you should be good to go!

If Postman is not available, you can still interact with REST in the language of your choice. Attached is a Jupyter Notebook that shows you how to upload a new license file to your yellowfin Instance. Just replace the <variables> to make it work on your instance.

New to Jupyter Notebooks? See the Jupyter Notebook doc for info on how to install and get things up and running.

Here is the REST API documentation for further reference on the Yellowfin REST API.

3 - Using the SOAP API (Yellowfin Version < 9)

For older versions of yellowfin, the SOAP API is used. It’s a little different than REST, but performs many of the same functions. Attached is a Jupyter Notebook that shows you how to upload a new license file to your yellowfin Instance. Just replace the <variables> to make it work on your instance.

Here is the SOAP API documentation for further reference

Is this article helpful?
0 0 0