How to make License files and JDBC drivers appear in the file explorer on Mac OS

If you are installing Yellowfin on a Mac, you may run into an issue while running the installer where you cannot select license files or JDBC drivers using the file explorer. This happens when Java does not have permission to access files and folders on your machine. 

In the screenshot below, you can see that I am on the license section of the installer and I have selected to browse for a .lic file. Unfortunately, I cannot see or select any files. 

The second window in the background is Finder where you can clearly see there is a jsolly.lic file in the Downloads folder.

To resolve this, you'll want to enable Full Disk access to the ‘Java Launcher’ within the privacy settings on your Mac.

These are the steps to resolve:

1. Navigate to Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access

2. Click the unlock icon 

3. Click the (+) button to add an entry to Full Disk Access. if it is not there already. You should be able to find JavaLauncher.app in '/System/Library/CoreServices/'

4. Once you add the JavaLauncher.app to have Full Disk Access, you should now be able to browse and select files within the Yellowfin installer. 

Once Yellowfin is installed, you can go ahead and remove this permission from the Java Launcher.

If you need further assistance, please reach out to Support.

Is this article helpful?
4 0 0