Is there option to create in record format style - like form, one record on each page.?

Mohammad Rehman shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

I have gone through many options to create report but could not come across to create the report in form (record) format, easy to merge text labels as well. If anyone is aware please share the knowledge.

Here is the example i am looking to create the report. the following screen shot is mix of free text and report fields.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Mohammad,

Apologies for the long delay on this, we have been in contact with the guys at BMC.

Unfortunately what you're facing seems to be a limitation of your software package. You can reach out to BMC via the BMC community as they can assist further and look into opening up this feature for you.

Sorry we cannot help further on this at this point in time.

Please let me know if you do not hear from anyone in the next few days.

Regards,

David

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for passing this question our way. Unfortunately, I don't think that this is possible in Yellowfin, to the best of my knowledge. I'm trying to think of the best way for you to try to carry this out, and what might be best is assembling a report with the necessary information, exporting it as a CSV, and then assembling the form with that information.

I know that this is definitely won't be the most seamless process, but I'm going to keep thinking on this one! Sorry that I don't have some better news for you here, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Hi Conner,

I highly appreciate taking time to answer. I may look into Birt report plugin with YellowFin? Unfortunately I am using community based (BMC Remedy) YellowFin product call Smart Reporting but all the idea and queries or defects go back to YellowFin. Not sure would be able to use Birt Designer report in YellowFin?

Above report I have created in Birt Designer and successfully running.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Mohammad

photo

Hi Mohammad,

yes your idea about using the Birt report plugin in Yellowfin is a good one! And another idea would be to use the Jasper report plugin in Yellowfin, and in fact, this would be my preference as I find it easier to set up than Birt because to use Jasper means just installing 3rd party open source software, whereas setting up Birt takes a lot more configuring.

By the way, both of the above report plugins are not disabled for Smart Reporting, so unless there's something I don't know about, they should work in them just the same as in Yellowfin.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Appreciate your time to respond. I have not much knowledge of YellowFin (BMC Smart Reporting) database repository knowledge. I logged in as admin and don't see Birt or Jasper reporting options are enabled. Even I don't see to load the data from csv either when creating the report.

Here is screen shot when i click the Create --> Report to see.

/dcuAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Here is the Create menu on the bottom of the views looks like:

/wEC22CSbubOfAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

If I know where to enable all these options in the repository, can test as you suggested.

My environment is Linux and Oracle 12c.

Thanks

Mohammad

photo

Hi Mohammad,

Apologies for the long delay on this, we have been in contact with the guys at BMC.

Unfortunately what you're facing seems to be a limitation of your software package. You can reach out to BMC via the BMC community as they can assist further and look into opening up this feature for you.

Sorry we cannot help further on this at this point in time.

Please let me know if you do not hear from anyone in the next few days.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thank you for your time and reaching out to BMC folks, whenever i had a ticket open with them they always say waiting a hotfix or patch from yellowfin. Anyway actively participate on BMC communities pages and also always bug BMC support. Lets see when they allow or release latest version of YellowFin with less limitation.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Mohammad

Leave a Comment

Attach a file