Same report across dashboard tabs with different filters?

Mike Carnevale shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

I am trying to create dashboard tabs with different filters applied for a VP, we are not able to put the same report across different tabs, why is this limitation if it is on a different dashboard?

Replies (10)

photo

Hello Mike,

Thank you for reaching out with this issue.

In order for me to have a better grasp on what may be happening, could you elaborate and take a screenshot of the process you are taking to create the new dashboard tabs?

This information should allow me to look into this deeper.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hello Mike,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going, and to see if you have had a chance to review my response.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hello mike,

While Awaiting your reply I've been troubleshooting this.

I was able to replicate this when attempting to load the same report into multiple sub-tabs of a dashboard. Attached is a video of my replication. Is this the behavior you were experiencing?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hello Mike,

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

I would actually like to see this as an idea. I also would like to have the ability to use the same report on the same tab. I created reports where the end user wanted both the columns and charts to be displayed. In order to pull this off, two reports were created. Displaying the same report multiple times might not be a practical feature to support and it would probably make more sense to be able to display both the chart(s) and the data simultaneously.

photo

Hello Mike and Larry,

This is currently a limitation with dashboard sub-tabs but is functionally available with dashboard tabs alone.

I would like to clarify if this behavior you are seeing is with sub-tabs or dashboard tabs:

/u3ZsAiAMhFF47zTCVWaBjGATEFtLRxBrIQOkS5Putz0sLRTkfXB9uuMe8SHXB+Fj0hCS1rNJ6qr7rBiStn57k4pyNJn71VyXUZaL8G8EYQ5SAACeYv8CAPA+gvC3cwFVnl50X1j9DwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I can see the use of having the same report on a singular tab as Larry said there are work around to this issue in creating duplicate reports to put on the same dashboard.

I could raise this as an enhancement to our development team but it is necessary for them to have a viable use-case before reviewing enhancement requests. If possible could you provide a use-case for this Idea we can get this moved to our dev team.

Please let me know if this helps or if I misunderstood this completely and need to re-evaluate the issue.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hello Mike,

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hello Mike,

Just wanted to check-in and see if you had a chance to review my response.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hello Mike,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hello Mike,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file