Link Drill Down and Drill Through Reports

Edgar Kautzner shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Hi,

I have a dashboard with 5 reports, 3 are drill down, one is just a normal report, one is a drill through report. If you click the drill through report, it will take you to a 6th report as a pop up.

I've linked the drill downs with all 5 reports, so if I click a drill down it filters the other 5 reports, but it doesn't filter the 6th report, it just shows everything.

The problem is that I can't link the drill down filter with the actual report filters, it only shows fields from the view to filter on, it doesn't show the actual filters created on the report, and it's those filters which are linked to the drill through report.

Everything works fine if we use filters on the side instead of drill downs, but we really want to use drill downs.

I'm pretty sure that when 'link drill down' is used on report A, the filter applied to the master report B can not be passed to the drill through B1. Is this correct?

If so, can you recommend any solutions to this?

Cheers,

Edgar

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Edgar,

Thanks for reaching out with this question.

It should help my understanding if you could provide screenshots of the report builder for the reports you are linking and screenshots of how they are linked.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hello Edgar,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hello Edgar,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going and if you had a chance to review my response.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hello Edgar,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file