Update Yellowfin - "Your installation does not require this patch."

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi Guys,

I was trying to test the new version of Yellowfin 8. Actualy, I'm using 7.3+ build 20181120. Before I tried to achieve the version 8, I've upgraded to 7.4 build 20181221. When I try to apply the update version of the Yellowfin 8 Installer build 20181113, the system says that I don't require this patch to update my Yellowfin 7.4 version.

What can I do to update to version 8? I've attached a print showing the error message.

Thanks in advance.

Files: Erro.png
Best Answer
photo

Hi Russell,

Thanks for your comment- I was able to see this issue is present in an GUI installer upgrade path from 7.4.12 (20191217) to 8.0.4 (20191216).

The bug fix in this case works with the command line installer - here are the dev notes -

h3. Implementation Details
* I've added options to make the install validator ignore build date, version and schema checks
* To run this you can do this with {{java -jar <installer jar> option.ignorething=true}} as per https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/USER74/Installer+Properties.
* The options available are:
** {{option.ignorebuilddatecheck}}
** {{option.ignoreschemaversioncheck}}
** {{option.ignorebuildversioncheck}}

It should be possible to combine options to ignore multiple things.

are you able to install successfully with this command line argument?

Thanks,

Eric

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Renato,

Thanks for reaching out with your issue.

I found the source of the message you received in our installer -

installer.builddate.too.high=Your ${installer.appname} installation does not require this patch.
It looks like the issue is related to the installer not liking the build date difference between your versions; as the running 7.3+ 20181120 instance is technically newer than the 8.0 2018113 build you are trying to update to. I tested this behavior with an attempt to update a 7.4 instance to an "older" version of 8.0 and received the same error message as in your attachment.

A solution that worked for me was to download a version of 8.0 with a newer build date than the 7.4 instance I was running. This allowed the build date check to complete successfully. Unfortunately, the issue here is that there is currently no newer release (build date) for 8.0 than the 7.4 update you are running.

I checked our development system, and found a bug report for this exact issue, from a time where we had a build date gap like this between two previous versions. I've updated this task with the information you've provided, and included you as an affected client. Updates to the task will be provided through this thread.

Barring waiting for a bug fix, there are 3 potential resolutions as I see it -

1. Postpone upgrade until the next 8.0 build is released - end of Jan est.

2. If possible, roll back running YF instance to a build date before 20181120

3. Install new, full 8.0 instance and import content

Apologies for the complications here, but thanks for bringing this issue "back" to our awareness.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric.

I'm going to wait until the next release in this case so I can continue to test the new features in 7.4 version.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

photo

Glad to assist, Renato, although I do wish I had a better solution for you! Thank you for understanding, and thanks again for reporting the issue.

I will mark this ticket as Defect Logged. Feel welcome to reach out with any issues you may encounter in your 7.4 testing.

Best,

Eric

photo
photo

Hi Renato,

Just wanted to provide an update here: developers have fixed this Update Patch Build Date issue, and it will be included in the upcoming version releases of 8.1 and 7.4.11.

I will keep this marked as Defect Logged until the release date.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Renato,

Just wanted to let you know this fix was included with recent release 7.4.11, and is slated for 8.0.4 and 9.0 as well. I will go ahead and mark this as Defect Fixed at this point.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Guys,

Same error exists trying to update 7.4.12 to 8.0.4

Would not consider this fixed.

Thanks,

Russell

photo

Hi Russell,

Thanks for your comment- I was able to see this issue is present in an GUI installer upgrade path from 7.4.12 (20191217) to 8.0.4 (20191216).

The bug fix in this case works with the command line installer - here are the dev notes -

h3. Implementation Details
* I've added options to make the install validator ignore build date, version and schema checks
* To run this you can do this with {{java -jar <installer jar> option.ignorething=true}} as per https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/USER74/Installer+Properties.
* The options available are:
** {{option.ignorebuilddatecheck}}
** {{option.ignoreschemaversioncheck}}
** {{option.ignorebuildversioncheck}}

It should be possible to combine options to ignore multiple things.

are you able to install successfully with this command line argument?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I can do some tests and return to you. I just need a day or two.

photo

Sounds good, Renato. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I've tested and it worked fine for us. The parameters was added to a custom installer and I had no issues.

option.ignorebuilddatecheck=true
option.ignoreschemaversioncheck=true
option.ignorebuildversioncheck=true
Thanks a lot for your help in this case.

photo

Glad to hear things worked out for you, Renato!

Always happy to help. I'll re-mark this as Defect Fixed at this point, best till next time!

Thanks,

Eric

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file