Name Charts to Distinguish them in Report Design

Austin Hart shared this question 4 years ago
Completed

I would like to name each chart I create a distinguishable name from all the other charts. I have 10 kpi's and I have no clue what each one is without going back into the chart and memorize where the chart is on the left hand side. You cant give chart names on a numeric display.

I would like the opportunity to give the chart/widget a title.

It would also be nice to reorder charts so I can group them. Example KPI, KPI % Change, KPI Trend - group by KPI. If I start and then forget one - it goes to the back of the line and can't move it with the group.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for reaching out. We currently have an enhancement request for this with the Dev team. At this stage there has been no movement on it, but I will add your request to it and try to get some updates on this.

Also at the moment, the grouping is not possible, but I can raise an enhancement for this also if you would like me to do this?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Grouping of charts would be extremely helpful - especially when you have quite a few and then you have to scroll through the list. Please add to enhancement list.

Thank you

photo

Having chart names is a much higher priority than grouping. I have 10 charts and it's very frustrating to memorize the order of each charts and what each one is. I have to write it down on paper to know which one is which so i dont have to keep going back into the chart.

photo

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for that. I have added this request to the ticket and will see what comes back from the dev team. If there is any update on this I will let you know. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thank you,

Paul

photo
photo

Hi Michelle,

Hope you had a good weekend.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo

There is nothing that can be done till its implemented. Unless you heard from dev and that this is on a request list.

photo
photo

Hi Michelle,

This is correct. I will keep following up with the dev team. I believe there might be some action on this in 8.1, but that has not been confirmed. I will close thisn off for now, but will keep checking on the dev ticket. When I get some more feedback, I will come back to you on this. I hope this is okay.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Thank you. Anything to help organize the charts and know which chart is which would be EXTREMELY helpful.

photo
photo

Hi,

I assume there hasn't been any progress on this since it appears we're not able to name charts in 9.6 either? It would be really helpful for our organization if this was possible.

Regards,Magnus

photo

Hi Magnus,

I hope all is well,

No movement as of yet, however over the past few weeks we have had activity with this ticket. It would appear we have had another client chasing this up, because of this I have added your interest to this ticket that we have with our development team.

At this stage I can only keep you updated with movement on this etc. I hope this is ok.

NOTE: I will mark this Question as Answered, but going forward please follow our Idea Ticket here for the updates.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Austin/Magnus,

I hope all is well,

I come with news that we have since implemented this Enhancement request. We can find this within our 9.10 release. Because of this I will now mark this ticket as Completed.

Going forward if you have any issues, please let me know. I would be more than happy to assist where I can.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file